08 May 2008

Boyfriend is romping around Europe

I'm jealous. Right now I’m on the verge of just quitting my jobs and buying a plane ticket out of here. And by ‘out of here’ I mean to Europe, where I would always rather be. Not permanently or anything, just for a little while. Like, a month...but now would be a bad time to go since Europe’s more expensive in the summer. What is it about summer that makes me feel the need for freedom?! I always did summer school as a kid, so I’m not sure how much of this desire you can blame on that. I just like to travel. It’s been a year since I last skipped the country. I’m itching. And the torture comes today from my friend who tells me that after he graduates he’s taking off for Greece and Turkey, then taking the train up to St. Petersburg via Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, etc… I’m so jealous!! I was like, “why didn’t you tell me this sooner, I wanna go!” as if I would really crash their trip, but the very idea of being able to go would be amazing. Greece and Turkey are next on my list, I love eastern Europe and I’ve always wanted to go to Russia. Even though I don’t quite know all the details, it sounds like they’re taking my ideal trip. If I just had more money I’d be gone. But perhaps I’ll wait until the low season in Europe since the Euro exchange rate is rape enough. Real life sucks. My jobs suck. Paying off loans sucks... ugh, give me one good reason to stay. Oh yeah, I need money...

1 comment:

M said...

let me know when you want to knock around eastern europe and i'll be your travel buddy. cody has no desire to go, but i've wanted to go all my life! xo.